Well, the time has come and Jane Gracen, age 3, has begun preschool and our Kate Sinclaire is a new kindergartner. I must admit that while we hope and pray for our grandchildren to grow and be healthy, I kind of hate it that they are getting so big. It is unbelievable to me that our Tess is in the 4th grade, because not only was I a fourth grader at one time, but after working in an elementary school for 7 years, I GET what a fourth grader is...and they are half grown up.
I have been there when each of our little darlings has gone to preschool on their very first day. Sarah was a bit afraid that Jane would be the first Martens girl to be uncooperative at preschool, but I was pretty sure she would be just fine....and as it turned out, she was a little hesitant to get out of the car, but after a little convincing from Mom and Dad, she made it inside and quickly began playing and we were OUTTA THERE......now there were a few tears from Mom, but that's totally understandable...her baby....going off on her own.....for the first time.......we've all been there.
I reminded Andy not to grill her too much when he picked her up because when he was a new kindergartner and got off the bus every day, I would try to "grill" him on everything that happened during the day and would get the same response, "I can't, Mom....I'm toooooooo tired." Actually he always had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich waiting for him for lunch and was headed quickly for the basement to watch Sesame Street......he had no time for me and my questions.......ugh.
As we left Sarah mentioned that I had another three years to wait until our next little princess began preschool. That would be Amelia, who is only 4 months old...going on 5, of course......I spent the afternoon with her yesterday. I just held her and fed her and loved on her until I about wore her out. For now, that's all I want from that sweet baby....plus, my clothes smelled like her when I got home and I reveled in that baby smell.....and didn't ever want it to leave me.
I don't want time to move so fast........for my sweet, precious girls. But in the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting all of their stories of their adventures in school........and kind of wish I were them.........:)
About Me
- Soccer Mom
- I am a Christian Mom, Wife and Grandma who considers every day of health a blessed day. I grew up in Kansas City and love my hometown - especially the Northland. I adore children - especially my own, but adore them all. I am in my 23rd year with the North Kansas City School District and the 38th year of marriage to my soulmate, Loren. I thank God for him. I have wonderful parents who taught us to love each other, love others and to love God. Life has thrown us a few curveballs, but we TRY to find the silver lining in everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment