Two weeks ago, it was my Spring Break from work/school. It was also Missy's. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Kearney girls'. However, the week I had off, I made it a little girl extravaganza.
Typically, I make a huge unrealistic list of things that I need/want to accomplish with my time off. This is the way that it usually pans out:
1. Think about all neglected things in my home.
2. Make a list of all neglected things.
3. Pick a few that I think are worth tackling.
4. Think though when it would be best to do such things.
5. Spend time shopping, visiting with long lost friends.
6. Try to find time to spend with family - especially granddaughters.
7. Visit my much neglected parents.
8. Week is over - accomplish nothing....
9. Feel really badly about myself.
Sooooo, this Spring Break I decided not to torture myself and just go for the FUN. This is what my week REALLY looked like:
1. Spent Monday picking up until noon at which time I picked my crazy Jane up from preschool. We went to McDonald's to the "playplace" for eating and fun. Went home to my house and played and played and played. Mom came to get Jane. Jane's comment, "I'm not DONE yet". Momma said they needed to go because they had to pick up Tess from piano practice. Jane reluctantly agreed to go......so fun.
2. Tuesday went to Lee's Summit to visit my littlest blessing - Amelia and her mom. Spent the morning playing with Amelia until naptime. Mom got in shower...then we talked. Millie woke up....we ran some errands, went to a Chipotle for lunch, picked up the massive mess Amelia made on the floor of the restaurant with her food, more errands and then home for afternoon nap - ha - and wait for Da-Da to come home from work......saw my niece outside Missy's window....went out and visited with her and her new kitty at her house.....back to Ben and Missy's....home to waiting hubby.......got kisses and sweet smiles from my Amelia.....so fun in Lee's Summit.
3. Wednesday....slept in.....went to Hawthorne Elementary School to have lunch with Kate at 11:10 and Tess at 12:19. I was requested to attend lunch on Wednesday because it's chicken patty day - best day of the week according to the girls:):) Got to visit with Kate's kindergarten teacher and go back to their room where Kate read her journal entries to me. Her teacher told me, "If I could clone Kate and have 17 of her every year in my class, I would NEVER quit teaching". Made this Grandma so proud!:):) Had lunch with Tess and met some of her friends. Fourth graders are so fun...and goofy. Tess had made a trip into the school office to inform the ladies that her Grandma was coming for lunch and would need a lunch ticket and that she wasn't actually eating with Kate, but just sitting with her and was really EATING with Tess......The office ladies told me Tess keeps everyone in line as far as what is going on.....she's a planner and a thinker....so proud of her, too! ....visited with friends on phone and did laundry in the afternoon before heading to Kearney for choir practice.....so fun with my girls.
4. Thursday Miss and Amelia came north, I watched Mills while Missy visited a local Liberty jewelry store. I LOVE hearing her babble and pretend talk. She loves to crawl up my curio cabinet and "talk" to all the figurines like they know what she is saying......:) Missy, Amelia and I went to HyVee to procure an oriental lunch for my mom and took it to her house. Fun times with Great Grandma! At the end of the school day that day, I picked up Jane at home, then Kate and Tess at school for an overnight. Grandpa was out of town and it was my first attempt at keeping all three of them by myself......they were great and we tried out our new queen sized blow up mattress.
5. Friday I mourned the week's passing and took the girls home to their daddy and back to Liberty to spend the entire afternoon with my friend Sue at Panera's. She is retired and we don't connect as often as we used to when she was still here at the district teaching.
So, that was the week that was.....with all of my girls......who I love more than life itself and more than anything love to see the wonder, fun, awe and excitement in their eyes every time I see them. I could just eat them up.
Here's to you, my sweet babies.....Love, Grandma....thank you Lord for these precious gifts in my life.
About Me
- Soccer Mom
- I am a Christian Mom, Wife and Grandma who considers every day of health a blessed day. I grew up in Kansas City and love my hometown - especially the Northland. I adore children - especially my own, but adore them all. I am in my 23rd year with the North Kansas City School District and the 38th year of marriage to my soulmate, Loren. I thank God for him. I have wonderful parents who taught us to love each other, love others and to love God. Life has thrown us a few curveballs, but we TRY to find the silver lining in everything.
sounds like a perfect week. I am glad you called it FUN.....we are so thankful for all the time (well)spent with our girls. I am finally learning that house "stuff" can wait. :)
ReplyDeleteYou bet...time marches on, but dust will come back over and over again......always be there.....:)
Delete