Today would have been my big brother's 61st birthday. Most days I still can't believe he is gone. He was here one minute and gone the next. I suppose, if we all had a choice, that would be the way we would choose to go. However, for those of us left behind, it still doesn't seem real, nor does it seem FAIR!!!
I have thought soooo many times how lucky we were to have that last Colorado vacation together. We had so much fun and our Jim got to be close to his beloved mountains one more time. Who would have thought?
So, I would like to list a few things I think of today as I think of how much I miss him:
1. I miss his smile
2. I miss his humor
3. I miss his kindness
4. I miss him calling me on my birthday
5. I miss family gatherings with him in attendance
6. I miss how happy he was at the end of his life
7. I miss seeing him on his motorcycle
8. I miss him arguing with me about EVERYTHING :)
9. I miss his hugs and kisses
Most of all, I just miss my big brother....and desperately wish he were still here.
Happy Birthday, Bub......I love you.......
About Me
- Soccer Mom
- I am a Christian Mom, Wife and Grandma who considers every day of health a blessed day. I grew up in Kansas City and love my hometown - especially the Northland. I adore children - especially my own, but adore them all. I am in my 23rd year with the North Kansas City School District and the 38th year of marriage to my soulmate, Loren. I thank God for him. I have wonderful parents who taught us to love each other, love others and to love God. Life has thrown us a few curveballs, but we TRY to find the silver lining in everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment