About Me

My photo
I am a Christian Mom, Wife and Grandma who considers every day of health a blessed day. I grew up in Kansas City and love my hometown - especially the Northland. I adore children - especially my own, but adore them all. I am in my 23rd year with the North Kansas City School District and the 38th year of marriage to my soulmate, Loren. I thank God for him. I have wonderful parents who taught us to love each other, love others and to love God. Life has thrown us a few curveballs, but we TRY to find the silver lining in everything.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HAPPY 92ND BIRTHDAY, MY DADDY!

Ok, so as I look at my blogs, I realize that about the only time I really write one is on someone's birthday who is close to me......and I guess that's ok.  But I should write more.  But I don't know if anyone is even READING my blogs....enough said.

Today, my precious dad is 92 years old!  I can't believe it.  HE can't believe it!  None of us can believe it!  He always thought he would die at a fairly young age because men in his family never lived very long.  Well, obviously, the Lord had better plans.....he is such a Christian influence on so many, and a kind, compassionate person who still volunteers every Thursday at the North Kansas City Hospital...in Intensive Care, no less. 

Now, he has slowed down a little.  His eyes deal him fits and he can't go 90 miles an hour like he always did before, but he has fought and won through colon cancer, prostate cancer and currently skin cancer treatments........I credit his wonderful wife, and my MOMMA for a lot of that success.  She is such a good care taker and makes sure he does what he's supposed to in taking care of himself.  And it shows.

They say daughters are particulary close to their Daddy's.  I know our daughter is extremely close to her Daddy.  And my daughter-in-law worships HER Daddy.  I know I am in the same boat as I think my Daddy can do NO WRONG....even though logically I know that's not very realistic.....but I don't care.

So here's to you my wonderful Dad....who can fix anything, convince us that he can do anything and does it all with such love and care for us, the earth and everyone else on it.  He's always been our supporter, encourager, fixer, and healer.  He's the best of the best and I couldn't love him MORE!  I hope we get to keep you around for a very, very long time.  Love, Sis

1 comment: